Why You Want to Save Money and What You’re Willing to Do About It - SavingAdvice.com Blog

>> Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Why You Want to Save Money and What You’re Willing to Do About It - SavingAdvice.com Blog

The basic idea here is what's your motivation to saving money?

I really feel motivation is one of the few things that will drive change. I think if we are properly motivated we can even give up bad habits. Think: smoking, biting nails, eating junk.

I also think it's a case of how bad do you want it? I think we can learn from professional coaches. They pump up the players and take things one step (or game) at a time. Each time, they reiterate why they are doing this.

"We're better than them!"
"We have the talent!"
"There's no reason we should let them take this!"

I think motivational phrases like this can work for those of us trying to save money:

"I really deserve that cleaning lady!"
"I can keep my family safer by making my own cleaners!"
"There's no reason I should be paying that much!"



0 comments: