am I a liar, liar pants on fire?

>> Friday, May 22, 2009





Well, I guess I have to put my money where my mouth is, heh.





Here are the answers to my previous post about lying:

1) how many times per day do you lie?
To others probably 5 or so. Usually white lies, but occasionally, I do tell bigger lies to help someone feel better. To myself, maybe more. I have become quite an optimist, but combined with my obsessive honesty, that equals I probably lie to myself at least 10 times a day.

2) ever been caught in a lie?
Yes, in high school, after assuring my mom I was out with church friends the night before, she bluffed about information she had on my whereabouts the previous night. I caved (I was actually at a party given by non-church goin folks), only to find out later she was lying. She was never able to bluff me again.

3) bloggers: have you lied in a post?
Weeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllll. Maybe. OK, yes. Since I blog under a pen name, I am constantly having to change details of my posts so they are unidentifiable. I have also used "creative non-fiction" from time to time, just sayin.

4) readers: have you lied in a comment?
I also comment using my pen name and therefore do the same as stated above. However, I probably am more honest about personal opinions and facts in comments.

5) who knows the REAL you?
Honestly? I'm not sure. People know real facets of me. But the truth is, I am always just getting to know the real me because I change so frequently. I think my constant state of evolvement (read: moodiness) is noted here at yournontoxiclife.com, so you, the reader, probably know me pretty well.

What do think of this short series on lying? Please comment below! Like before, you can be anonymous if you want!

0 comments: