your own personalized church service

>> Friday, June 26, 2009



After talking to a friend recently about things we like and don't like about church service, I got to thinking...

What would your own church service look like if you could develop it yourself?

music?
A high school rock band, singing inspirational songs (yes they exist).

lighting?
Candles, campfire, outdoor lighting






readings?
From Maya Angelou, Martin Luther King, Jr. and the Buddha.

sermon?
I'd like to hear something about how important our daily interactions are. Something which is both helpful and motivational. I think people have a lot of stressful encounters every day and wears on us. I'd actually love to hear from someone who experienced these kinds of issues and has real-life solutions.

all ages or adults only?
I really feel at my best when EVERYONE is included at church.

communion?
Not that long ago I went to a chocolate communion service and loved it.



Please reply below with your ideal church service. Remember it's your service, so anything goes!


0 comments: