my secret big SPLURGE

>> Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Some people, who shall remain nameless, wrinkle their nose at the thrifty things I do. They wonder what the heck do I spend my money on, anyway.

I am going to tell you about my biggest splurge and how I even managed to save money with it!

I have found that I tend to tense my shoulders up, like all the time.

So, if you're going to BlogHer this Friday and you see someone walking around with their shoulders up to their ears, that's me. I really do notice myself doing this very often. Even as I write this, I am doing it. Down shoulders, down!

Besides this being weird, it also has wreaked havoc on my shoulders and back muscles and boy do I pay for it through general soreness, upper back problems and neck strain.

My solution, would be to get a massage every night, but alas, I couldn't find a private masseuse who would come over and do this every night for peanuts.



Instead, I used all that money I have saved and bought a Human Touch Massage Chair.

I just LOVE this thing! I use it nearly every night for 15-30 minutes. It has programmable options for where it hurts, plus a general 15 minute lower back, upper back or full back option. It also has three different programs for my feet or legs. As well, it has a 15 minute stretch that is out of this world!

The gurus at Human Touch researched how to make this all feel, well, human. It does the rolling, kneading, compression and percussion that REAL massage pros do. It also allows you to adjust the intensity, for those of us who like it, ahem, rough.

I justify this as a stress and health related expense. Massages reduce stress, help circulation and beef up your immune system. I also find the feeling of kneading to relax the heck out of me, too, so I can sleep better.

I actually saved money on this over paying for massages. I figured if I had a massage every week, this chair paid for itself in less than a year. I can't say enough about this chair, worth more than what I paid!

Anyone else want to confess, I mean share, their secret splurge?

2 comments:

Christy July 27, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

Oh wow that chair looks and sounds awesome. My secret splurge? My gym membership. I just joined three months ago when I started training for my first ever sprint triathlon. It's so worth it. It's my only 'me time' every day!

Maggie Madison July 27, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

@Christy I am in awe about the triathlon... I'm lucky if I can manage 2.5 miles at a time! Good Luck!!