my seven favorite posts on meditation

>> Friday, July 3, 2009

About a year ago, I took a one day class on anger management. The woman who taught it seemed to know what she was talking about as she described working with crisis intervention, the police, and running anger management classes off and on for the last 20 years in various social service agencies.







infomaniac



During the 6 hour class, she spent 5 on meditation. I was flabbergasted. I actually laughed (inwardly) at how annoying it was listening to her go on and on for the first 2 hours.

But then she had all of us do an actual silent meditation. It was amazing!





I was so proud that I was able to do it. Meditation is really very simple, but not always easy, if that makes sense. Since it probably doesn't make sense I thought I'd link to all my favorite posts on meditation in hopes someone reading will have that same amazing moment I had with my first meditation.

Here are my 7 favorite meditation posts:

mini-meditation
This is from holistic divorce. I know it seems strange at first to go to a website about divorce to learn about meditation, but when you think about it, it really isn't. Divorce is one of the most stressful events in a person's life. It is especially hard on kids. I am fully in favor of this website as it helps to ease this stress.

tea meditation
I like this post as it brings two of favorite activities for living a nontoxic life together: tea and meditation.

natural meditation
What a great reminder for us to get in touch with nature on a daily basis. This post indirectly describes mindfulness in a very natural way.



why to meditate
This is a great overview of the reasons to meditate. How to Meditate explains all this much better than I.

the real scoop on the present moment
This is from Tricycle. It actually surprised me a bit because I always thought the reason the present moment was "wonderful" was because we were alive. Not because the moment itself was so great, beautiful, or serene. However, others have thought the "present moment" was supposed to be so great just because we are "in" it.


my posts

Meditation has really changed my life. I am more in control of my anger-much of what used to set me off doesn't seem that important anymore. I also handle stress in general much better, again, I am not so interested in the drama of my life.



1 comments:

Maggie Madison November 14, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

Thank you! And I love ALL comments, even OT!