What Time Is It?

>> Saturday, August 29, 2009

So, the kids are back in school, the weather where I live is unseasonably cold and the Dollar Store has it's Christmas stuff out. Although there must be something wrong with my calendar because it's telling me it's still AUGUST.

And now I am thinking about the Holidays and what to get for certain, nameless, difficult figures in my life. Let's just say there is an older woman, an older man and a guy just about my age who are always big problems for me to buy for every year.

It's like this. They already have whatever they need and when I ask for ideas, I am told they don't need anything. Of course, this is a big, fat lie. They really do want something. And it needs to be good.

And so, I am thinking watches for everyone! I have checked out casio G-shock.

They have something for the older lady:





The older man:







And the youngish guy:





I had kind of forgotten what a great gift a watch can be. And besides glasses, watches are are the only accessory that's actually useful. (Though one could make an argument for cuff links, too, I guess.)

Blue dial has watches for every use and occasion. Know a sporty executive? Or a trendy cheerleader? A deep sea diver or a school teacher? There is something for everyone. And these are NICE watches. Not something you will find at the local drug store.

Not that I've EVER, EVER gone shopping for watches in a drug store. Well, maybe that one time on Christmas Eve, but I was about to break up with him. That's another post for another time.

BTW, buying these watches now will mean I am an organized, efficient person. That may have been my New Year's Resolution but I'm not sure, I lost the list.

2 comments:

stacy di August 31, 2009 at 6:29 PM  

I can't BELIEVE you are thinking about Holidays...totally amazed. I can't even go there yet. But I should. I've got some challenging gifts to get...

Maggie Madison September 1, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

Stacy di- yes I am a bit of a freak to be thinking about the Holidays! However, I am one of those who love the anticipation of the Holiday more than the Holiday itself, and so it begins.