Anxiety and Stress, Doubly Toxic

>> Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Last night I dreamt I was having a mental breakdown. While I usually don't get too concerned about dreams, I think dreams can reveal hidden anxiety.

Anxiety and stress can be doubly toxic, if they are not managed effectively. They can eat away at your health. They can be toxic to those around you, as well. Imagine the difference in children raised by parents who are stressed and anxious, versus those children raised by parents who get past their anxiety and live a more peaceful life.

Being honest with yourself is the first step in eliminating excessive stress and anxiety. If you find yourself anxious and stressed more than 50%, in my opinion, that's too much.

In my dream, I was confused, not knowing where I was supposed to be and where anyone else was. I think that happens in real life, too. People are confused, their thinking goes from worry to worry and there isn't a lot of notice of how others are doing.

In making your life less toxic, you must deal with excessive stress and anxiety or it will deal with you, like it did in my dream, where, at the end, I was preparing to be hospitalized.

0 comments: