the magic eraser is magic!

>> Friday, January 23, 2009

Since I try to be a bit of a greenie, I am always on the lookout for products that help me in my quest. Have you heard of the Magic Eraser? It truly is magic!

It is a white sponge, but different from other sponges. The only way I can describe it is that it is somehow thicker, but not heavier. Maybe the right word is dense.

Anyhoo, they come two to a box. With just a little bit 'o water, NO SOAP and some elbow grease, it really does get the gunk off all my gunky surfaces. My kids can also use it safely. I have used it on:


• The burnt pots and pans
• The burnt-on stuff on my stove top
• The burnt-on stuff in my oven-hey don't judge my culinary disabilities
• Grout lines
• Kitchen sink
• Shower stall floor
• My budding artist's graffiti walls
• High chairs and trays


My only complaint is that with one good sized job, the sponge will disintegrate, especially on rougher surfaces like grout.

Please comment on other uses for the Magic Eraser, I'd love to hear it!

4 comments:

Maggie May January 24, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

! this thing is so toxic it grows the Blog monster

Maggie Madison January 24, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

Did the Blog monster eat your comment? I have heard he is a hungry little fella...sorry about that. I hear blogger is working on it. Maybe someone needs to take some deep breaths. :D

Unknown January 24, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

The magic eraser and I had a love affair when I was pregnant. I attached baseboards and doors with a vengeance. I heart the magic eraser.

Maggie Madison January 25, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

Thank you, Kristi! I am glad to know I am not the only one who has had an obsession with magic eraser.