Clorox Natural Laundry Detergent Product Review

>> Thursday, September 10, 2009



Prior to Blogher '09, I received a good size sample of Clorox Green Works Natural Laundry Detergent and sample of their Green Works Natural Laundry Stain Remover. The samples came with a note that encouraged me to try the items before BlogHer '09.




Clorox Green Works Laundry Detergent

  • 95% natural,
  • safe for the environment,
  • phosphate free
  • 45 oz container, 2x concentrated for 30 loads.
Results

I have been using the product off and on for the last few months. I have tried to use in a variety of situations: cold wash/rinse, hot wash/rinse, whites (with bleach and without), darks and stains, you know, blah, blah, blah. I found it worked just as well as my usual detergent in all these situations.

However, the smell was really strong, not a bad smell, but strong to me. Now I have to say I am used to fragrance free laundry detergent due my oversensitivity to odors. To be fair, it was supposed to be scented and it didn't give me a headache or do anything to my skin. However at BlogHer, I did ask if they had an unscented option and they do. So maybe this is a moot point.



Clorox Natural Stain Remover
  • 99% Natural
  • 22 fl. oz.


Results

So far, far out! It worked REALLY well on red dye that bled onto a white shirt, that had been through the dryer. It also has a scent, which, again, may just be my sensitivity issue.

I have not had too many other stains to test this on, but I did try it on a mold stain, which let's face it NOTHING can get out. It didn't get it out, either.


Who should buy this product?


The Green Works Products are for people who want a green product that's available in thier regular store. It's convenient and doesn't hurt the environment.

Negatives

The only negatives I can see are the containers in which this product is used. For a green product, the laundry detergent jug is 25% recycled plastic. There is no indication on the Green Works Stain Remover bottle whether it contains any recycled plastic. It would be great if the jug was made with a collapsible, recyclable container. And for the spray bottle, I suggest a smaller concentrated bottle that one could add to their own spray bottle with water.

0 comments: