the clothing optional phase of parenting

>> Sunday, March 15, 2009

Otherwise known as the "terrible twos".  


At about two years old all my kids seemed to go through a phase where they wanted to take everything off to sleep in the "raw".  This sounds so organic and natural, but after cleaning up urine and poop in the middle of the night, it's anything but (no pun intended).

I tried talking, pleading and begging my toddler just to leave the clothes (and diaper) ON.

Ha!

I tried checking and rechecking on the little lovelies to try to stop the behavior in it's tracks.  No dice.

I put them in those zip up blanket pajamas no matter the season.  But those small Houdini hands and shoulders can pull through anything.

Finally, I talked to a friend whose kids are older and she suggested putting on footless zippered blanket pajamas, backward.  This worked great until the two I happened to have like that didn't fit anymore.

So I tried putting the footed zippered blanket pajamas on inside out, with the little tab thing snapped somehow on the inside.  It worked!  

However, some of my pajamas such as these do not have the little tabs and I still may be summoned at 2 am by a child insisting I "help"  by putting one uncomfortable arm back in.

As for the dayside nudist tendencies.  I haven't a clue, except to say "overalls for everyone!"


2 comments:

Anonymous March 17, 2009 at 6:34 PM  

When they start taking diaper off, may be a good time to potty train?

trisha

Maggie Madison March 17, 2009 at 6:40 PM  

You may be onto something, but my current two year old still has no (other) signs of readiness skills and honestly I HATE potty training. I really just dread it.